My students are officially native English speakers. I beg to differ. Here are actual things said in my classroom:
– What I did?
– What dat is?
– What this say?
– Where he is?
– What you say? Also: What did you said?
– Is you finished?
– I’m is. (In response to me asking if he was following directions.)
– You had put it up in there?
– I axed him but he had said no.
– I had went to my grandma house.
– You hadded 15 then you taked away four more.
– Did the girl gived it to you?
– I know where he at.
– He tryin’ look at them fishes.
– She findin’ her a job right now.
– I been did it.
– I fit to go. (A variation of the common Texan phrase, “I’m fixin’ to go.”)
– I fit to use it on myself. (Translation: I’m about to pee on myself.)
– Ain’t no Donnie here.
– What’s the other one is?