I’m not actually sure when the twelve days of Christmas are, but let’s say they start today. (Oops, I just googled it, and it’s the twelve days from Christmas to Epiphany. So this is purely Jen’s Twelve Days.) I’m doing this for several reasons:
1) I haven’t blogged in forever and probably have lost all my readers, so need to get on it. However, that leads me to my next points…
2) I have a sink FULL of dishes and a book bag FULL of grading, so…
3) I don’t really have time to write the posts I really want to write about how awful teaching is.
4) In my photo series, I hit Scotland and got stuck because there are over 300 photos in there, and how’s a girl to choose?
5) Christmas is about to pass me by very, very quickly if I don’t take two minutes each day to stop and post a Christmas photo.
So I am. And here is the first day of Christmas.
From 2006, a longer-than-planned-for Christmas in Chicago during my year in England. It was a dark winter in more ways than one, but that trip was brightened by visits to Chicago from a couple different good friends. I believe this photo was taken during a stroll around Wicker Park.